Since April of 1945, The Peoria Area Electrical JATC’s goal has been to provide the Electrical Construction Industry with the mostly highly trained and skilled workforce possible. In addition to receiving skill training on the job, each apprentice is provided with trade related classroom training that produces competency and pride that lead to true craftsmanship.
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) jointly sponsor the apprenticeship training program that offers you the opportunity to earn wages and benefits while you learn the skills needed for a trade that can be both rewarding and challenging. You actually "earn while you learn." As an apprentice, you will have the to use your mind, as well as your physical skills, to complete work in a variety of settings with the constant opportunity to learn something new. You will receive classroom instruction and jobsite "hands on" training.
The Peoria Area Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC), offers three different specialties in electrical work:
- Inside Wireman
Download Inside Wireman.pdf
Download Residential Wireman.pdf
Download Telecommunications Installer.pdf
Click the above links for a more detailed description of each program.
During their apprenticeship, apprentices are paid at a graduated rate based upon the number of working hours they have logged. The rates are as follows:
- 1-1,000 hours 40% of journeyman scale
- 1,001-2,000 hours 45% of journeyman scale
- 2,001-3,500 hours 55% of journeyman scale
- 3,501-5,000 hours 65% of journeyman scale
- 5,001-6,500 hours 75% of journeyman scale
- 6,501-8,000 hours 80% of journeyman scale
- 8,001 to completion 90% of journeyman scale
- 0-800 hours 65% of journeyman scale
- 801-1,600 hours 70% of journeyman scale
- 1,601-3,200 hours 75% of journeyman scale
- 3,201-4,800 hours 90% of journeyman scale
- 0-800 hours 45% of journeyman scale
- 801-1,600 hours 50% of journeyman scale
- 1,601-2,400 hours 60% of journeyman scale
- 2,401-3,200 hours 65% of journeyman scale
- 3,201-4,000 hours 75% of journeyman scale
- 4,000-4,800 hours 80% of journeyman scale
So how do you become an apprentice? Click here to find out how the application process works!
Click the link below to see pictures of the progress of the new
Peoria Area Electrical Training Center!
As many of you know, the JATC is moving to a blended learning model for the Inside curriculum. We are very excited about this here at the apprenticeship. One of the many benefits that this will introduce into our curriculum will be the ability to take part in virtual simulations and demonstrations. Below is a video demonstrating just a few of these simulators and the many training opportunities they will open up for us here at your Peoria Area Electrical JATC!
Many of the updated changes in curriculum, labs, and online training modules would not be possible if it wasn't for the support of the Electrical Training Alliance and their Training Partners. Click HERE for a list of current ETA Training Partners!
Questions and/or comments? Please contact:
Peoria Area Electrical JATC
Peoria Area Electrical JATC, 4313 S. Entec Dr., Bartonville, IL 61607